Wednesday, March 21, 2018

I'm going to be a Mexican!

Tonight was the biggest surprise of my life....and for once it was good to be caught off guard.

I was going out to dinner with friends from my old job at Jain Irrigation. My friend, JHS, claimed they were going out to dinner to blow off some steam from a stressful month at work. I was happy to go because I love these people and always will.

We all sit down and start ordering drinks. I am having a good time chatting with grownups and children, seated in between children of course. But around 7:00 (I'm guessing) they told me to check my phone, which was in my purse. I still didn't suspect anything....

I see that I have been tagged on a post of Instagram by "Get Loud for Kidneys" (go follow them right now) and was wondering why since I was just featured on their site. I see that it is a picture Monique and I took on World Kidney Day and start to read the post as follows bellow.

Dear Robyn: I know it's been a roller coaster for you since you were diagnosed. A lot of changes, disappointments, and uncertainties. But fortunately, one certainty you can on is, that I am your perfect match. Love, Monique

Yes, I cried at dinner reading the message. I immediately called my dad to tell him the good news. I am relieved, nervous, excited, and a great many adjectives right now. What a night?!

Thank you Monique and my Jain Family (Monique Y, Monique B, Esme, Nancy, Nichole, Art, Rigo, Megan, Jaye, Rhonda, and some off spring) for surprising me like this. It was amazing! Beyond words, amazing. Monique is one of the strongest women I know. I am so happy to know her and for this wonderful gift she is giving me. 

I would also like Ashley Somics, Get Loud for Kidneys, for helping with this specials surprise. I was absolutely shocked. Well done ladies. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions

All I can think about are the unanswered questions.  Why didn't he speak up? Why didn't he try to make things better? What did I do ...