Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day

Today, we celebrate the love we have for our mother's. They made you, birthed you, took care of you, and sent you on your way...eventually. They are probably the strongest connection with another person that you can have in this life.

My mom is slowing slipping away from us due to Parkinson's Disease. She has had this for a long time now, but the symptoms and drug reactions have practically taken over her life and my dad's. It is one of the saddest things I have witnessed in my entire life. This coming from someone who enjoys sad movies and serial killer documentaries. She is still my mother, but the person who was my mom all those years is pretty much gone. Everyone loved this woman, when I met people: Her coworkers, her friends, community members, and my friends. I will always love her and remember to call her, even if it is painful for me. Happy Mother's Day!

My sister is far away, but we still talk via text or the occasional video. We may not be the closest, but we are still sisters. She has an awesome husband, two great kids, and a cat in a perfect neighborhood near Portland. It is always fun to visit her and go to the tea store. I have always been slightly jealous of her throughout our lives, but we are different for a reason. I wish her all the happiness this world can give. She could probably conquer the world if she wanted. Happy Mother's Day!

My friends (KH, MHY) who are moms amaze me. How can you handle so much in one day? I babysit for a whole day and I am exhausted. You two are the best examples of what a friend and what a mom should or could be. Do not doubt yourself for a second, you've got this. KH, I am so excited for your future in multiple ways. MHY, a new house for your family and a yard for the boys. Happy Mother's Day!

My second moms (Carol, Caroll, Jaye) who have helped me more than once. Some people do not have blood family in this life. I have a that, plus three extra mothers. Carol, you love your wine and your family. It shows everyday and it is such a blast to hang with the Burger family. Caroll, a long time ago you bought be a dress (literally minutes before prom) and I have never forgotten that. You always made me feel invited in your home and lucky to be friends with Jess. Jaye...you have been such a light in my life. I have needed you too many times to count and you have always come through more than I can express in words. Happy Mother's Day!

Don't forget to thank the mothers in your life, even if they did not give birth to you. It will be appreciated, trust me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Heavy

I woke up feeling very heavy. Physically and mentally. My head hurts and it was hard to get out of bed. But I had to so I can do work today....